Pan-fried Dumplings (Makes 8-10)
A new favourite of cafe regulars, these dumplings are delicious on their own but also a warming meal in a simple broth. Colloquially call Timmy’s Dumplings in the Cafe after their creator.
200g Softened Rice Vermicelli noodles
50g celery, roughly food-processed
50g carrot, roughly food-processed
80g wombok cabbage, finely shredded
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon beef stock
¼ teaspoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
¼ teaspoon white sugar
½ teaspoon minced garlic
Pre-made dumpling wrappers
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Take 1 teaspoon of filling and place in the middle of the dumpling wrapper.
2. Fold Dumpling wrapper in half, creating a crescent moon shape, then fold ends of the dumpling to form a tortellini-like shaped dumpling.
3. In a frying pan, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and fry the bottoms of the dumplings until golden.
4. Add ½ cup of water to pan, place lid on pan and let steam until the water has evaporated.
5. Continue to fry dumplings for another 2-3 mins to ensure bottom of the dumpling is crisp.
6. Serve with dipping sauce and garnish with cucumber slices.